CosmicDEC's MPF Application

Go down

CosmicDEC's MPF Application Empty CosmicDEC's MPF Application

Post by CosmicDEC on Sat May 18, 2013 3:41 am

Steam name: CosmicDEC

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:39439407

How long have you been playing SlothGaming?: 4 days

How long have you been roleplaying for?: 2 years

Why do you want to join the MPF?(1 paragraph): I would like to join the MPF because I believe that it would be a fun and exciting role-play experience. I also like this server - its rules are simple and fair and the people are always friendly and willing to help. I also love the map, it is big and there are loads of possibilities in it to role-play. As I say, I already like this server, becoming an MPF will undoubtedly enhance my experience of the server even more.

Why does your character want to join the MPF?(1 paragraph): My character wants to join the MPF because of the huge debt he owes to them. Not only do they keep law and order on the streets of City 45 but only yesterday, they saved him from an inevitable death at the hand of the rebels. He looks up to these people and wants to be like them and eventually work at the same high standards as they do.

Do you have any previous MPF experience?: No but I am a quick learner.

Have you ever been banned, if yes explain why?: Once: someone was dragging me around for about 5 minutes. When I got up I punched someone who I thought was them once. It turned out to be sloth the wizard. After posting an unban request, explaining that it was a mis-understanding on my behalf, I was unbaned.

IC:

Name: Ben Snowdon
Sex: Male
Weight: 11 stone
Height: 6'
Why do you want to join the MPF?(2 paragraphs):
As a citizen I find that the MPF is both helpful and fair. They keep the rebels at bay and do an excellent job in protecting City 45 and generally keeping citizens on the straight and narrow. I too would like to help the population and stop them from breaking the law.

In my experience the MPF have been amazing in doing this. I have now had two experiences when they have helped society massively. Firstly, when I first came to City 45 some rebels broke into the apartments and started chaos and without the swift, precise job that the MPF did in getting rid of them I fear that I wouldn't be here today. I've also had many other experiences with rebels - I heard that they had started kidnapping innocent civilians and keeping them in an enclosure like dogs. I would hate to think what would have happened if I too got captured, which I would have done if the MPF had not done such an amazing job in getting the civilians back to the safety of the plaza. It is because of this and a few other things that I feel I should give something back to the MPF and that is the main reason for me signing up.

What do you hope to achieve in the MPF?(1 - 3 paragraphs):
If I am accepted into the MPF I would like to make City 45 a safer place to live, whether it be by stopping rebels carrying out attacks or preventing civilians from doing something they will later come to regret.

I would also like to help civilians in anyway I can, however small it may seem. For example: directing them to where they can buy a request device from. Pretty much anything I can do to make City 45 a happier and safer place for civilians to live, as long as it is realistically possible I will try my very best to do it.

Name 5 things a MPF unit does every day?:
1. Patrol the streets, making sure civilians aren't plotting things.
2. Checking citizens for contraband and removing it if necessary.
3. Punishing those who do not abide by the laws of City 45.
4. Helping citizens with any questions they may have about City 45.
5. Prevent and possibly sweep the slums to ensure that citizens aren't going there illegally.

Character backstory(2 - 4 paragraphs):
Ben Snowdon grew up in London, South England. It was a peaceful childhood and he never experienced any trouble in the area. But he wanted something more dangerous, a better life, a life that London just could not provide for him.

So, when he was old enough he began climbing, starting on small hills in England and Scotland and eventually moving on to alpine giants in the Alps and the Himalayas. His skills of navigation and endurance are some of the best in the world. By the age of 27 he had climbed and tamed all the infamous and all 8000 meter mountains in the world.

A few years ago, he (as usual) was climbing a ridiculously high and precarious mountain. It was by complete coincidence that this was the day of the Resonance Cascade. The teleportation storms started as he made his way down the mountain. At first he couldn't work out what was happening until suddenly a horde of headcrabs teleported in-front of him. Quickly and almost instinctively he swung his ice axe at them, protecting himself from them whilst he tried to prime his pistol (usually used for protecting yourself from bears and snow leopards).

He had destroyed every one of them but he was badly bruised and had a nasty cut in his head. But he never gave up, he kept going and stayed alive. By the time he got back to civilisation - about a week or so later, the seven hour war was over and the combine had control of the Earth. However, he was not stupid enough to resist; the combine were so organised, they seemed like they had everything under control. They healed his wounds before sending him to City 45 where he currently lives a safe life.

But a safe life isn't what he wants, he wants to be in danger, protecting civilians and getting the same rush of adrenaline he got from climbing mountains many years ago.

OOC: Thanks for reading this and I hope to get accepted soon! Very Happy

Last edited by CosmicDEC on Sat May 18, 2013 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had a ban incident since writing this application, thought I should edit my application to tell the truth and explain it.)

CosmicDEC

Back to top Go down

CosmicDEC's MPF Application Empty Re: CosmicDEC's MPF Application

Post by Aquatix on Sat May 18, 2013 3:44 am

A very different backstroy i love it!
+1

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by SentimentalBadger on Sat May 18, 2013 4:47 am

I can get behind this, +1!

Omnomnomnomnomnomnom.

_________

Characters:

[Arty Simms]
: Canadian, Ex-Ammunition Technician, experienced PMC field contractor. Since leaving Afghan, has found work in Mexico, but eventually settled a deal with Durandal, offering his expertise as a seasoned field agent in exchange for a cleaned record of his dirty jobs in Central America. (Alive)

SentimentalBadger
SentimentalBadger

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicDEC on Sat May 18, 2013 4:54 am

Now is this karma or what? I just posted this today and I just got banned for accidentally punching an the co-owner.

There's a bit more to it than this so please read my unban request and support it, thanks!

Find it by using the link below:
https://squidgaming.forumotion.co.uk/t336-cosmicdec-s-unban-request#2224

CosmicDEC

Back to top Go down

Post by CookieMasterz on Sat May 18, 2013 5:32 am

This backstory is a change from the usual: Persons life sucked asshole, Suffered a bunch of shit, Almost died 20000 times.

I +1 yo face
CookieMasterz
CookieMasterz

Back to top Go down

Post by PastaBatman on Sat May 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Perfect, very different back story and the application is flawed +1
PastaBatman
PastaBatman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian on Sat May 18, 2013 3:43 pm

PastaBatman wrote:...and the application is flawed...

Anyways, nice app, very different as was said, good work. +Support

Miranda Grum ~ Just another citizen, living life by day.
Alvor Bjorn ~ The brute of the police force, weighing 223lbs, and measuring 6'4''.
'Rosko' Fitzgerald ~ The best weed seller in town, he's got some good stuff.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ian
Ian

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Basi1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloth the Wizard on Sat May 18, 2013 7:45 pm

-1 Just got unbanned doesn't make me think he will follow the MPF rules, also because he called me co-owner D:
Sloth the Wizard
Sloth the Wizard
Owner
Owner

https://squidgaming.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicDEC on Sat May 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Sloth the Wizard wrote:-1 Just got unbanned doesn't make me think he will follow the MPF rules, also because he called me co-owner D:
Yeah, sorry about that - I'm new to the forums. What can I do to prove I will follow the rules? By the way really sorry about yesterday but it was a complete accident if you believe me or not.

CosmicDEC

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammar Nazi on Sat May 18, 2013 11:43 pm

+1 Great Application, your ban was just a misunderstanding and a mistake.

Grammar Nazi
Grammar Nazi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloth the Wizard on Sun May 19, 2013 7:30 am

Accepted
One wrong more you get banned
Sloth the Wizard
Sloth the Wizard
Owner