Captchas12's MPF Application Second Attempt

Go down

Captchas12's MPF Application Second Attempt Empty Captchas12's MPF Application Second Attempt

Post by Captchas12 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:08 am

OOC:

Steam Name: FACETIME

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37738344

How long have you been playing on our server, SlothGaming?: One Month

How long have you been role-playing for?: One year

Why do you want to join the MPF? (One paragraph):

I want to join the MPF since they are a vital part to HL2RP, a good serious roleplay element, and they add life and authority to the city. They are a vital part to HL2RP because if they were not there, there would either be an empty plaza, a bunch of citizens walking around, or an over-abundance of rebels. The serious roleplay element comes from them having a major role, because they control the city basically. The life and authority cones from the radio chatter and them running to emergencies. Those are the reasons I want to join the MPF.

Do you have any previous MPF experience?: No.

Have you ever been banned, if yes, explain why?: I haven't been banned.

IC:

Name: Joseph Smith

Weight: 150

Height: 6 feet

Why do you want to join the MPF? (2 paragraphs):

I want to join the MPF because I am already a member of the Civil Worker's Union. I believe I can achieve peace in the city and get rid of the anti-citizens and rebels. I want to help the City in any way I can. I am tired of seeing anti-citizens run around the City and not get caught. I hope to make a difference.

The other reasons I want to join the MPF are for better food, housing, and... power. Eating nothing but noodles gets old after a while. The apartments aren't the cleanest places. I'm just a little power-hungry. I really didn't mean to sound greedy in this, if I did.

What do you hope to achieve in the MPF? (1-3 paragraphs):

As I said in the first paragraph above, I hope to achieve a peaceful city by getting rid of anti-citizens and rebels. I also want to help the MPF in any way I can, as I occasionally check up on the ZONES guarding the hardpoint to see if they need any food or water, since it probably gets tiring just standing around after a while. The anti-citizens and rebels I have seen have done some great damages to the city, such as killing one or two Civil Protection Units. Also, I'm sure everyone has this problem, when zombies attack the city. I want to be able to get rid of them before they do too much damage to the city. Those are what I hope to achieve in the MPF.

Name 5 things a MPF unit does every day:

-Patrol the city
-Guard the hardpoint (Mainly ZONEs)
-Search Citizens
-Take commands
-Watch out for rebels/anti-citizens

Questionnaire:

1. If you found two citizens fist fighting, what would you do to solve the problem? I would tell them to break it up. If they resist or attack me, I would most likely call for backup. If none is available, I would try to handle it myself.

2. If you tied and searched a citizen;found contraband what would you do and what should be done about the contraband?
I would radio in that I found the contraband, take it, dispose of it, and give them the right amount of detainment points.
3. If a higher ranking unit gives you an order, should you obey the unit?
Yes.
4. If you saw a citizen running into the slums, should you run after him?
No; inform higher ranking officers through radio and ask for orders.
5. Do you know the purpose and the job of your division and what it must do? Yes.

6. Should you do another division's job ,if so, when should you?
Yes; if there are no ZONES available and a commanding officer tells you to go guard a checkpoint, go guard the checkpoint.

Character Backstory (2-4 Paragraphs):

Before the war, I was a student of engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. I turned eighteen right when the Seven Hour War began, and spent the first seven hours of my adulthood helping the Combine in the war. I used what knowledge I had on engineering to repair the most basic of their technology, such as their city scanners.

I am Joseph Smith. I am thirty-four years old, weigh 150 pounds, and I am six feet tall. I have been with the Civil Worker's Union since I was eighteen years old. On my thirtieth birthday, I started to think I would make a good Civil Protection officer. Then there was a rebel attack in City 16. I was soon transferred to City 18 after that attack.

In City 18, I have made a decent living. I have a little over one thousand tokens now, and I have reported on a few anti-civil behaviours. I am still healthy, and walk around when business is slow to keep myself fit. I occasionally check up on the officers guarding the checkpoint to see if they are hungry or thirsty. I hope to be of great use to the Combine one day, but for now I will just sell to the Citizens.

Last edited by Captchas12 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Captchas12
Captchas12

Back to top Go down

Captchas12's MPF Application Second Attempt Empty Re: Captchas12's MPF Application Second Attempt

Post by Sinskitz on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:13 am

L30N wrote:

150lbs... Eating maybe once every week or two.

You've seen rebels kill one or two CPUs? Sounds like someone was in the slums.

1,3 and 5 in the five things a unit does every day are basically the same.

You helped the combine in the war? I don't think you realise that they weren't humans, it was their Synth units (I.E striders, hunters and various other mixtures of technology and alien life forms)

Your character fixed their technology? Bearing in mind when your character first saw the technology it would be the equivalent to proposing the idea nuclear fusion to a baby.
Scanners weren't deployed until after the war.

And all the reasons Batman has pointed out.

-Support

Last edited by Sinskitz on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:08 am; edited 3 times in total

CpU.C45.Helix-03.56640 : Alive - Waiting for more helix training, healing his fellow officers.
Justin Garofal : KIA - Killed by rebels
CpU.C45.Zone-05.56283 : KIA - Went rouge to save his love for Judge, killed by the OTA squad. Last words were " Judge..." as he died slowly.
CpU.C45.Helix-04.96116 : KIA - Killed by a group of rebels
Jason Carter: KIA - Killed in the apartment search.
Justin Figueroa: KIA - Killed by the Commander
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sinskitz
Sinskitz

Back to top Go down

Captchas12's MPF Application Second Attempt Empty Re: Captchas12's MPF Application Second Attempt

Post by PastaBatman on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:18 am

-Support
-Been with us for one month and I have never seen you on.
-On the five things, beating citizens doesn't sound right.
-No character backstory
-No reference to the HL2 lore ie: the Resonance Cascade.
Don't worry L30N, I got this.

Last edited by PastaBatman on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Alexei Gordon ALIVE
CPU.C45-04.99444 ALIVE
Jack "Dutch" McDonald ALIVE
George Walker D
YING
PastaBatman
PastaBatman

Back to top Go down

Post by SentimentalBadger on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:30 am

Neutral, add a back story.

Omnomnomnomnomnomnom.

_________

Characters:

[Arty Simms]
: Canadian, Ex-Ammunition Technician, experienced PMC field contractor. Since leaving Afghan, has found work in Mexico, but eventually settled a deal with Durandal, offering his expertise as a seasoned field agent in exchange for a cleaned record of his dirty jobs in Central America. (Alive)

SentimentalBadger
SentimentalBadger

Back to top Go down

Post by PastaBatman on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:46 am

No reference to HL2 lore
So you are fit and healthy in a world ruled by dictatorship? Change it to malnourished.

My vote stays till it is fixed.

Alexei Gordon ALIVE
CPU.C45-04.99444 ALIVE
Jack "Dutch" McDonald ALIVE
George Walker D
YING
PastaBatman
PastaBatman

Back to top Go down

Post by L30N on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:15 am

PastaBatman wrote:-Support
-Been with us for one month and I have never seen you on.
-On the five things, beating citizens doesn't sound right.
-No character backstory
-No reference to the HL2 lore ie: the Resonance Cascade.
Don't worry L30N, I got this.
You big bastard
Must... Out... Do....
150lbs... Eating maybe once every week or two.

You've seen rebels kill one or two CPUs? Sounds like someone was in the slums.

1,3 and 5 in the five things a unit does every day are basically the same.

You helped the combine in the war? I don't think you realise that they weren't humans, it was their Synth units (I.E striders, hunters and various other mixtures of technology and alien life forms)

Your character fixed their technology? Bearing in mind when your character first saw the technology it would be the equivalent to proposing the idea nuclear fusion to a baby.
Scanners weren't deployed until after the war.

And all the reasons Batman has pointed out.

-Support

L30N

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Combine on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:17 am

-1 Support.

The bastards above me got all my reasons.

Jebidiah Dawson: Alive and well, running his convenience store.

James Baxter: Your typical police detective, likes his whiskey, cigarettes and his pistol, who stands at six foot four inches, and likes a good investigation.

Andreas Hope: Working for Durandal Industries, and enjoying it.

Grumpy Combine
Grumpy Combine

Back to top Go down

Post by Igor The Sloth on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:37 am

-1 cause the app is uttah shite, L30N is best when it comes to wrecking ppls apps.

Piemon approves!

Denied

P.S:

Igor The Sloth
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down