Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rex Reynolds

4 posters

Go down

Rex Reynolds Empty Rex Reynolds

Post by Teletric Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:24 pm

(This biography is told through a story)
    A reporter walks into the building with the sign "Nexus Games Studio". A man looks up at him when he walks opens the door and triggers the bell.
   "Hello! Welcome to the Nexus Games Studios," says the man, kindly.
      "Hi...uh...I'm a reporter from Game Informer. I would like an interview with you if you have the time," asks the reporter.
   "Of course, please have a seat."
Both of them take a seat on the couch. The reporter takes his notepad out, pencil ready to go. He checks the name of the interviewee.
 "So, you're Rex Reynolds, correct?" asks the reporter, his eyes focused on the notepad. 
    "That is correct," replies Rex.
      "And you're the founder of Nexus Games?" asks the reporter, yet again.
        "Yeah." replies Rex.
          "So tell me, Mr. Reynolds, what inspired you to start creating video games and consoles?" asks the reporter.
           "It all started when I was seven years old, 1997, when I was obsessed with the SEGA DreamCast. My dad was a circuit engineer at the time, so he taught me how to install these crazy mods into my DreamCast. At that point in time, I had no idea what a "processor" was, so I just referred to the electronic chips and cards by their size and/or color. When my DreamCast was modded to the point that we couldn't mod it anymore without breaking, I decided to name it ReyCast, although it still only played DreamCast games, I believed it to be an entirely new and different thing, so I actually thought I had created a brand new console."
          "As I aged, I got pretty interested in the Gaming Industry. For example, in High School, I took a Java course, just to make this little Command Prompt game. Mostly my friends liked it. So later on-"
         "Hold on a moment, are you telling me you completely modified a SEGA DreamCast when you were seven?" interrupts the reporter.
       "That's a late question, but yeah, and I couldn't have done it without my dad." replies Rex.
                  "Amazing," claims the reporter. "Please, do go on."
        "Alright, so as I was saying, later on, I started selling games on campus, but I got suspended once, because you aren't allowed to sell stuff, appearantly, so I quit selling them. Then I had the idea of making a blog where I post my games on. I had about 25 people following me in the first week, all of them from school. On the second week, I had about 100. On the third week, 250, which was pretty much the amount of students in one grade level. All of these games were text-based and costed $.50 each, because they didn't meet the modern day game standards at that time, but they're free now."
       "Let's skip ahead to my college years, when I finally got a team together, studied more advanced programming languages such as C# and Python, and learned how to create 3D games.. We named our team Mr. Data Games, because I watched too much Star Trek at the time. However nearing the end of my school years, one of our beloved assets, Triker Nexus, died from leukemia, which was a tragic moment. After college ended, I decided to create a new game company called 'Nexus Games', in memory of Triker Nexus. And that brings us up to this point in time"
           "Wow, I am really sorry about what happened to your colleague. I'm sure he would've been proud of you if he was here with us today. That's all the information I needed, sir. Thank you, and good luck on your future plans!" wishes the reporter. Reynolds waves goodbye to him when he walks out the building. As he walks out, he looks at his writing hand, which was now all red.

Last edited by Teletric on Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing some lore-related conflicts.)

Teletric

Back to top Go down

Rex Reynolds Empty Re: Rex Reynolds

Post by Ian Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Does Rex sell gamecube games?
Ian
Ian

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Basi1

Back to top Go down

Post by Teletric Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:09 am

Ian wrote:Does Rex sell gamecube games?                                                                                                      
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He's 21, GameCube's run ended already.....

Teletric

Back to top Go down

Post by L30N Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:25 am

Sounds like someone's been playing too much game dev tycoon.
Also, what's with you and the name Triker Nexus? That's like me calling a character Cyclist Core..

L30N

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:45 am

How is he 21 if he was 7 in 1999 and the server currently takes place in 2010? (he would be 18.)
Ian
Ian

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Basi1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:51 am

I thought this took place in Present day?
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Not according to cockwork.

EDIT:

Simon said:
10:44 PM - Basil: does it take place in present time, or is it cockworks 2010
10:48 PM - Igor The Sloth: 2010
Ian
Ian