Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamedlamb's MPF application.

+3
Sloth the Wizard
Grumpy Combine
tamedlamb
7 posters

Go down

Tamedlamb's MPF application. Empty Tamedlamb's MPF application.

Post by tamedlamb Fri May 31, 2013 11:11 am

OOC

Steam name: Sombo97 ( It was a typo, Im born in 96 )
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:18498474
How long have you been playing on our sever, SlothGaming?:For about 4 days or so.
How long have you been role-playing for?: about 300 hours at dark-rp. And 200 hours in serious rp.

Why do you want to join the MPF?(1 paragraph): I want to join the MPF because I have some experience with it, and I love being one. It is a great experience for a serious role-player, like me. And I do not know why, but I love being controlled by people, not in the way of abusive, but getting orders, doing them and completing them.

Why does your character want to join the MPF?(1 paragraph): My character wants to join the MPF because his uncle was killed by Rebells, and he wants to keep the streets clean on anti-citizens, loud mouths and disobeyers.

Do you have any previous MPF experience?: I was a JUDGE 05 at a server called Galaxy gaming. But it got shut down. I loved playing as MPF and I wish to do it again.
Have you ever been banned ,if yes, explain why?: I have not.

IC:

Name: Odin Fremmerlid.
Sex: Male.
Weight: About 100 pounds.
Height: 1.80m.
Why do you want to join the MPF?(2 paragraphs): I want to join the MPF because I want to keep the city safe and clean from those who oppose. I want to detain or get rid of anti-citizens and the un-civilized.

My uncle was killed by rebels, that was because he was a loyalist. I do not want that to happen to me, so I want to take the next step from a loyalist to an actual MPF unit.

What do you hope to achieve in the MPF?(1 - 3 paragraphs): I hope to achieve peace in the city, I want the slums to be safe, I want people to be able to walk without being at risk of those who are rebelling. I want to see more loyalists, and I want to give them a reason to become loyal. Even if it is by force or words.

Name 5 things a MPF unit does every day:
- Patrol.
- Seperating the uncivilized from the civilized.
- Searching for contraband.
- Looking for rebells.
- Obeying superiors.

Questionnaire:

1. If you found two citizens fist fighting, what would you do to solve the problem?
I would first call for backup, then I would approach them with my stunstick set to high voltage. I would tell them to face the wall, if they would not resist and comply, I would proceed with detaining them. If they would resist, I would attempt to beat them down, then detaining them.

2. If you tied and searched a citizen;found contraband what would you do and what should be done about the contraband? I would report the contraband, and if I would destroy the contraband. Then I would detain the person.

3. If a higher ranking unit gives you an order, should you obey the unit?
If the unit is in my division, Yes.

4. If you saw a citizen running into the slums, should you run after him?
No, I must ask for permission first.

5. Do you know the purpose and the job of your division and what it must do?
That depends on what division I get.

6. Should you do another division's job ,if so, when should you?
I should not do another division's job. Unless someone of the high ranks tells me to.

Character's backstory(2 - 4 paragraphs):

Odin Fremmerlid was born January 15, 1987 in Seattle, Washington. His parents were both police officers, so his brother would take care of him as a child. He'd go to school every day making sure that he got good grades in school. He ended up being an all A student throughout his years, with the help of his brother. As he'd progress through middle school and eventually to high school, he began taking interest in being a lawyer.

Over time, his parents would fight constantly about simple things; so much to the point where his father would be abusive towards his mother. It got so bad that his mother had to quit her job. One day, when Odin’s father was sleeping, he took his Glock out of his drawer, pressed it against his forehead, and pulled the trigger. He was relieved once his life was gone. He was then able to focus more on taking care of his mother. Unfortunately, his brother committed suicide because of many family problems. As a result, Odin fell into a deep depression. He left his mother, and headed out of Seattle for a better life. He moved to Philadelphia. At that time, he was about 19; it was 2004 by then.

He finished high school, and got a low-income job. He managed to scrap up enough money to buy a small apartment to live in. This foreign place was very different than that of Seattle. Perhaps it was just the new people and places to see. Maybe it was an escape from the grim past that he left behind. Who knows? Maybe he just wanted to see a new place. Depression practically controlled his life. It was a large issue. He contemplated suicide a few times, but decided it wasn’t worth it. That was years later, now, when the Combine took over. He was in his small apartment when he started to hear strange noises outside. Of all, Odin heard many gunshots, screams, and running. It was traumatizing. He locked himself in his apartment, thinking that he’d be safe. Unfortunately for him, he wasn’t. Literally minutes later, CPs shot his door open and tied him, knocking him out.

The Seven Hour War was gone in what felt like the blink of an eye. He woke up in a new place. There, he grasped the concepts of the totalitarian rule that these people were suffering. But, he looked up to the Combine Civil Authority. They were his new saviors, essentially. Many people were rebelling, though. Many people were just getting shot and killed. He saw much death in his life. But, he looked up to the CCA. He didn’t care anymore. He wanted to join them. It was then that he found himself transferred to City 17. Another new area, but it was simple enough. New places, new concepts. He thought well of the area. But, the units were different. More… menacing. He thought that these ones were the ones that he’d like to be a part of. As a result, he wanted to apply.

Last edited by tamedlamb on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total

tamedlamb

Back to top Go down

Tamedlamb's MPF application. Empty Re: Tamedlamb's MPF application.

Post by Grumpy Combine Fri May 31, 2013 11:28 am

+1 support.

Your main paragraphs were rather short. But...

That is the BEST character back story I have ever read for a MPF application, period.

You've clearly taken your time crafting such a intricate story, and thus have gained my support, because you've shown that you are dedicated by writing a small book for your character's back story.
Grumpy Combine
Grumpy Combine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloth the Wizard Fri May 31, 2013 11:29 am

Grumpy Combine wrote:+1 support.

That is the BEST character back story I have ever read for a MPF application, period.

You've clearly taken your time crafting such a intricate story, and thus have gained my support, because you've shown that you are dedicated by writing a small book for your character's back story.
Sloth the Wizard
Sloth the Wizard
Owner
Owner

https://squidgaming.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tamedlamb Fri May 31, 2013 11:36 am

Thank you! I did spend a lot of time doing this, but it is worth it if I get accepted.

tamedlamb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinskitz Fri May 31, 2013 12:39 pm

Grumpy Combine wrote:+1 support.

What about my back story:(
Sinskitz
Sinskitz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cypher Fri May 31, 2013 2:11 pm

Neutral. I don't need an App to tell me if your a good roleplayer or not. Some of the best backstories ended up with the worst cops. Not to mention your Female is extremely underweight.
Cypher
Cypher

Back to top Go down

Post by tamedlamb Fri May 31, 2013 7:38 pm

I am not even a female Surprised

tamedlamb

Back to top Go down

Post by Noliq Fri May 31, 2013 10:14 pm

This right here.
I don't need an App to tell me if your a good roleplayer or not. Some of the best backstories ended up with the worst cops.

3. If a higher ranking unit gives you an order, should you obey the unit?
If the unit is in my division, Yes.
You should always follow orders from a HC Unit.

I'm gonna go with Neutral

Noliq
Noliq

Back to top Go down

Post by L30N Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:19 am

No mention of the Resonance Cascade (The events at Black Mesa that lead to the Portal Storms)
Change the date of the seven hour war from 2006 to 2004
I'd like you to proof read your application, there's a few mistakes regarding tenses and double L's (Patrol, not patroll)
In his back story, he murders his father with absolutely no repercussions..
-Support

L30N

Back to top Go down

Post by tamedlamb Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:05 am

Well, I will fix that when I get home, I am on my cellphone at the moment, but what does the black mesa incident have to do with my character? I will change the date and fix the spelling mistakes, sorry for those, I am Norwegian. He killed his father because he was abusive and he got no punishment because no one told anyone about the murder. But I will definetly look over it again, by the way, do you want me to make a new post or edit this one?

tamedlamb

Back to top Go down

Post by L30N Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:58 am

tamedlamb wrote:Well, I will fix that when I get home, I am on my cellphone at the moment, but what does the black mesa incident have to do with my character? I will change the date and fix the spelling mistakes, sorry for those, I am Norwegian. He killed his father because he was abusive and he got no punishment because no one told anyone about the murder. But I will definetly look over it again, by the way, do you want me to make a new post or edit this one?
The black mesa incident wouldn't have directly effected your char, however, the events it caused (the Resonance Cascade/Portal Storms) would have had a large effect on his life. For example, the portals brought two things to Earth, the creatures that had made Xen their home (Vortigaunts and Antillions) and a large amount of radiation. These would have effected his life, as the 'aliens' would have killed alot of people, and the radiation flooded cities, causing the inhabitants to move to a few cities that were unaffected by the radiation.

L30N

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloth the Wizard Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:53 am

Denied
Sloth the Wizard
Sloth the Wizard
Owner
Owner

https://squidgaming.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down